Abstracts are invited for Oral Presentations, Poster Presentations and Special Sessions. The abstracts should be no more than 500 words. The deadline for submitting abstracts is extended to Friday, December 30, 2016.
The Joint ISIE-ISSST 2017 Conference will be held Sunday June 25 through Thursday June 29 in Chicago Illinois, USA. The goal of the Conference is to present the best new scientific research in all areas of industrial ecology and sustainable systems.
All abstract submissions must be made electronically through the Ex Ordo online abstract submission system.
• Abstracts are invited for Oral Presentations, Poster Presentations and Special Sessions.
• The abstract must address scientific questions, detail observations, or contain primary scientific data.
• Authors assign copyright of the abstract to ISIE-ISSST 2017 upon submission, unless one of the authors is a U.S. Federal employee. This means that the identical abstract may not be republished or submitted to another meeting.
• No revisions can be made after the abstract submission deadline.
• If the first author decides to withdraw an accepted abstract for any reason, a written request to withdraw must be submitted no later than May 15, 2017, to ISIE2017@uic.edu. Abstracts will not be withdrawn after this deadline.
• The presentation at the ISIE-ISSST 2017 meeting must reflect the submitted abstract. In particular, the abstract title, authorship, and scientific content of the presentation must match the submitted abstract, although updates on results may be added.
• Abstracts should be written in clear and concise English, so that reviewers are able to focus solely on the scientific merits of the submission.
• It is assumed that the presenting author will have adequate command of English to present and to respond to questions. If that is not the case, the authors should choose a poster as their preference.
• The first author listed for each abstract serves as the presenting author and as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract, unless otherwise specified under the "Contact Information" section of the online abstract submission system.
• The presenting author must be one of the co-authors listed on the submitted abstract.
• All presenting authors must register for the ISIE-ISSST 2017 conference in the appropriate category.
The presenting author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors.
• Notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions, and changes to the program, as may be communicated by ISIE-ISSST 2017.
• Forwarding all correspondence to all co-authors, including ISIE-ISSST 2017 policies and guidelines.
• Each abstract author agrees and certifies that he or she has read all of the rules and agrees to be bound by them, is responsible for submission of the abstract in accordance with the rules, and waives any and all claims against ISIE-ISSST 2017 and any reviewer arising out of or relating to the abstract submission and review process, including but not limited to peer review and the grading of abstracts.
During submission, authors must choose the formats in which they would be willing to present/publish their abstract. These choices must be made at the time of submission and cannot be changed after the review committee has reached its decision.
• First, authors select whether they prefer oral, poster or special sessions presentation. Abstracts noted with a preference for poster presentation will NOT be considered for oral presentation, regardless of score.
• Second, in the event that an abstract is not chosen for oral presentation, it may still be chosen for poster presentation. Authors who state a preference for oral presentation must decide whether they would accept poster presentation. Authors may either present a poster or request that the abstract be immediately withdrawn. (Please note that declining to have your abstract considered for poster presentation does not improve its chances of being accepted as an oral presentation. This option should be selected primarily by authors who would not be willing to present a poster.)
Special Sessions are 90-minute sessions organized by the proposing author, and run alongside the parallel sessions for oral presentations. The proposing author is responsible for recruiting the speakers/presenters for the session, organizing the format of the sessions and ensuring that these speakers are registered and their presentations submitted according to the posted deadlines.
Proposals for Special Sessions must be submitted in the same manner as other abstracts. Authors must first select Special Session in the Format options.
• After the submission deadline, all completed and eligible abstracts for oral presentations, poster presentation and special sessions will be made available to the ISIE-ISSST 2017 Abstract Reviewers for blind review and scoring, and final decisions will be made by the Program Committee in February 2017.
• Abstracts will be evaluated and scored solely on their scientific merits.
• Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
• The same study must not be submitted as multiple abstracts. Abstracts that are simply different versions of a single study will be rejected. However distinctly different parts of a particular study may be submitted in two or more abstracts. If it is preferred that these be presented in the same session, or co-located if poster presentations, the authors should so indicate.
• Abstracts will be peer reviewed according to the subject categories. Authors must indicate during online submission the appropriate review categories (up to three). Please use the list of abstract review categories to assist you in selecting the correct abstract classification. Read through all of the categories and select up to three categories most closely associated with your abstract. All category selections will be final. There will be NO re-classification of abstracts after the abstract submission site has been closed.
• All abstracts submitted will be considered eligible for one type of presentation: oral, poster or special session.
• Notification regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent to the presenting author no later than late March 2017 by email; consequently, an accurate email address is critical. If your abstract is accepted, the email will specify whether it is accepted as an oral or poster presentation. Rejection notifications will also be sent at that time.
• To ensure that you are able to receive email correspondence from ISIE-ISSST 2017, please make sure that we have your preferred email address. If after completing your submission you don't receive a confirmation email from the abstract system, please check your SPAM file. In some cases you may need to contact your system administrator and make sure that the ExOrdo.com domain is added to your email address whitelist.
• The decision of the Program Committee regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
Authors of abstracts accepted for oral presentations must submit their slides to ExOrdo no later than June 22, 2017. This is necessary in order to minimize the turn-around time between speakers and sessions. Failure to submit slides by the due date means that the presentation must be given without visual aids. Once the final program is set, presentations can only be made in their assigned date/time slot. Authors not using slides are encouraged to submit a title/author(s) slide as a placeholder.
Authors of abstracts accepted as posters will be assigned a location and provided with standard poster frames. The final program will have designated poster session times when you should be present to engage with interested conferees.